2014-2015 Theme: The world would be a better place if...
National PTA's Reflections program encourages students in Pre-K through grade 12 to explore and be involved in the arts.
For the 2014-2015 academic school year, thousands of students will reflect on the theme: The world would be a better place if..., and create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, music composition, literature, photography and visual arts. Contact your State PTA for state-specific forms and information.
Don't have an active PTA/PTSA affiliate? Contact National PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 307-4782 and we will help you get your program underway.
National PTA has created downloadable Reflections Toolkit with template tools and resources to make your 2014-2015 PTA Reflections program a success.
Step 1: Let's Get Started
- Video Training
- Reflections 101 (coming soon)
- Learn More
Step 2: Contact Your State PTA for a Program Guide
Step 3: Organize and Plan Your Program
Step 4: Promote Reflections to Students, School Personnel and the Community
- Tips for Promoting Reflections
- Posters and Flyers
- Rules for Participation
- For other forms and state-specific guidelines, Contact your State PTA
Step 5: Collect and Organize Artwork for Judging
Step 6: Celebrate Student Participation and Achievement
- Messages to Share
- PTA Store
- Certificate of Participation
- National Awards and Recognition (En Español)
- Media Advisory
- Sample Newspaper Announcement (Minn.)
- Sample School Message Board Announcement (N.J.)
- Visit National PTA on Pinterest for more ideas
Step 7: Wrap Up
- Thank-you Letter for Volunteers
- Sample Program Evaluation
- Report Participation (Contact State PTA for a PTA Registration Form)
Email email@example.com or call (800) 307-4782.