Following are the resolutions that were adopted by the voting delegates during past National PTA Conventions. These resolutions are national in scope, but they have impact at the local, council and state levels of PTA as well. The power of a resolution is to enable PTA members, leaders, and public policy and program teams to join with others to build partnerships, form coalitions, increase awareness, develop programs, and lobby policy makers.
- Distribute the National PTA resolutions to your members.
- Review the resolutions at the local, council or state level to determine if existing resolutions are in conflict with National PTA. These will need to be either rescinded or amended.
- Research the web or organizations to identify current relevant resources.
- Contact other organizations, businesses, or agencies to see if there might be new partnerships with which to join forces.
- Ask if there are already programs within the state providing resources to help a resolution be more successful.
- Work with other people, or groups, who have a shared interest in the intent of the resolution.
- Contact your State PTA, or the National PTA for assistance if needed.
2013 Approved Resolutions
Resolutions approved at the 2013 National PTA Convention (PDF)
2012 Approved Resolutions
Resolutions approved at the 2012 National PTA Convention (PDF)
2011 Approved Resolutions
Resolutions approved at the 2011 National PTA Convention (PDF)
2010 Approved Resolutions
Five resolutions were adopted at the 2010 National PTA Convention (Word Document)
2009 Convention Resolutions
Resolutions adopted at the 2009 National PTA Convention (Word Document)
2008 Convention Resolutions
PTA Resolutions approved by delegates at the 2008 National Convention. (PDF)
Alphabetical List of Resolutions
PDF (updated June 2008)